After receiving my Juris Doctorate degree from Loyola University in New Orleans in 1984, I began practicing law in Houma, Louisiana at the well established law firm of Watkins, Walker, and Hermann. My relationship with that firm and its successor firms spanned several decades. I have practiced law in the areas of estate administration, medical malpractice defense, insurance defense, business litigation, employment discrimination, personal injury and business planning. In addition to the traditional practice of law, I spent several years in the early 1990's as a licensed insurance and investment counselor and several years post- Katrina as an in-house risk manager.
As a licensed practicing attorney in southeast Louisiana for over 30 years, I have gained a deep appreciation for Louisiana legal tradition, placing great importance on the orderly transfer of assets within families upon death. The value of a real estate inheritance in south Louisiana is heightened by the stark reality that our treasured way of life is intimately connected to our disappearing geography. I take great pleasure in assisting Louisiana families with estate transfers in the most cost effective manner possible.
Free consultations are available by appointment. Cost estimates can be provided following consultation.
Areas Of Practice
- Estate Administration, Probate, Successions, Donations
- Louisiana, 1984
- Loyola University New Orleans School of Law, New Orleans, Louisiana
- J.D. - 1984
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- B.S. - 1981
- Major: Chemistry and Biology Education
Honors and Awards
- Loyola University Law School Student Bar Association Certificate of Merit for Successions
- Law School Class Rank - 32 out of 197
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Lafourche Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Watkins, Walker & Prejeant, Associate Attorney, 1984 to 1990
- Watkins, Walker & Eroche, Of Counsel, 1995 to 2005
- Gilsbar - Financial Services and Insurance 1990-1995
- Risk Management - 2006-2009